- + Introduction
The purpose of the MS (Bioinformatics) program is to provide students with necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills required for handling bioinformatics research problems.
- To train graduates with broad, fundamental and mathematically rigorous understanding of theoretical and applied computer science and biological algorithms
- To train students with fundamental knowledge of theoretical and experimental biological chemistry
- To equip students with skills of software and database design/operation and application which are currently being used in high tech research areas including drug development, molecular modeling, simulations and other specialized sciences
- S. (4 years) or M.Sc. in Computer Sciences, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Epidemiology and Public Health, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Medical Technology, Other related subjects or medical graduates (MBBS/DVM/BDS) with a minimum 2.00 of 4.00 CGPA.
- Admission Test/ NTS GAT
- This is a two years program comprising of 4 semesters. There will be a Fall and a Spring semester in each year. The maximum duration to complete MS in Bioinformatics is 4 years.
- A student admitted to the MS (Bioinformatics) program will have to complete the degree requirement by following Scheme:
The student must have a minimum 2.5 of 4.0 CGPA in the coursework to be eligible for MS (Bioinformatics) degree.
- + Electives
Group A - Biological Sciences
Course Code Course Title Cr. Hrs. BI5040 Advances in Cell & Molecular Biology 3+0 BI5060 Biochemistry 3+0 BI5013 Metagenomics 2+1 or 3+0 BI5014 Biophysics 3+0
Group B- Computer Sciences
Course Code Course Title Cr. Hrs. CS525 Topics in Computing 2+1 CS542 Advance Programming Techniques 2+1 CS526 Biological Database System 3+0 CS584 Graphics And Visualization 3+0 CS565 Data Mining in Bioinformatics 3+0
Group C- Bioinformatics
Course Code Course Title Cr. Hrs. BI5030 Computational Biology (Algorithms In Computational Biology) 3+0 BI5070 Computational Drug Design (Structure Based Drug Design) 3+0 BI5080 Molecular Modeling And Simulation 3+0 BI5090 Big data analysis and management (next generation sequencing data analysis) 3+0 BI5011 Computational Genomics 3+0 BI5012 Computational Proteomics 3+0
- + Program Structure
- + Plan Of Study
Course Code Course Title Cr. Hrs. Pre-Req BI5010 Bioinformatics-I 3+0 - BI5020 Biostatistics 3+0 - XXXX Elective-I 2+1 or 3+0 - XXXX Elective-II 3+0 - Total 12
Course Code Course Title Cr. Hrs. Pre-Req XXXX Elective-III 3+0 - XXXX Elective-IV 3+0 - XXXX Elective-V 2+1 or 3+0 - XXXX Elective-VI 3+0 - Total 12
Course Code Course Title Cr. Hrs. Pre-Req BI6010 Research Project-I 0+3 - Total 3
Course Code Course Title Cr. Hrs. Pre-Req BI6020 Research Project-II 0+3 - Total 3