- + Introduction
Personal Traits / Attributes
- If you like problem solving by applying different technique.
- If you’re good in Science and Mathematics and have strong thinking capabilities.
- If you know how to manage time wisely.
- You are organized person and mostly finish one task before starting another.
- Your analytic capabilities are very strong.
- If you’re a creative person and have intellectual abilities.
- Careers like, Game developer, Software Engineer, Programmer, Analyst etc., attract you.
- Highly Educated faculty
- CEO Faculty
- Class Rooms with state of the art facilities
- Linkage with Industry
- Group Study
- Industrial Tours
- Co-Curricular Activities
- Spacious Computer labs equipped with latest computers
- Indoor Sports Room
- Case Study and Article Session
- Job Placement and Internships
- Vast number of Alumni
Rapid growth in technology-based jobs in all industries has created a need for technologically skilled professionals.
- Software Developer.
- Software Quality Assurance.
- Software Architect
- Information Systems Manager.
- IT consultant.
- Multimedia programmer.
- Systems Analyst
- Software Product Marketing Manager
- Systems Developer
- Web Application Developer
- Information Security Analyst
- Mobile Application Developer
- CRM & ERP Developer
- Information Technology Auditor
- Game Programming
Why BS Computer Science & Software Engineering?
- This program provides a carefully designed computer science core, surrounded by a widespread selection of challenging technological elective courses.
- To bring forth competent Computing Professionals with a strong understanding of computer science bodies of knowledge and theories, who can apply firm principles and methods to the cost-effective conception, development, operation, and maintenance of high-quality software and are prepared for lifelong learning.
- Develop an aptitude to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet preferred needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- Work effectively in teams to design and implement solutions to computational problems and apply sound principles to the synthesis and analysis of computer systems.
Why BS Computer Science & Software Engineering from MAJU?
- The undergraduate program in Computer Science and Software Engineering offers an excellent learning opportunity to students with the help of top-notch research-active faculty.
- Learn from professionally qualified faculty and industry’s professionals.
- Personal effectiveness and development courses to help groom a well rounded personality.
- The undergraduate degree prepares students to do extremely well at solving problems creatively, an essential proficiency that can be useful to a diverse variety of fields.
- Organize students for vocation in industry to pursue advanced graduate studies.
- University foundation courses to broaden knowledge base and improve skills & competencies.
- Rigorous set of core subjects for specializing in Computer Science and Software Engineering.
- A broad set of Electives drawn from the MAJU undergraduate curriculum with minimum requirements for meeting the criteria for majors.
- Internships & job placements specific to the career path.
- Research courses in both Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Intensive use of the technology to equip the graduates with the latest analytical tools & techniques.
- Apply fundamental principles and methods of Computer Science and permit students to demonstrate aptitude in problem-solving techniques using the computer in the analysis of complex problems and the combination of solutions to those problems.
- Students are expected early on to design and evaluate their programs, in order to develop their technical skills as part of a successful development process.
- Graduates will have a solid comprehension of the theory and essential concepts computer science, helping students to adapt to novel developments in the field of computer science.
- Through technical documentation, presentations, reports, and peer reviews, students develop strong communication skills and through teamwork, they develop strong interpersonal skills.
- Hands on experience with various software systems and Programming languages are an integral part of the program.
- Software Engineers potential career opportunities are to develop software for telecommunications, financial systems, aeronautics, medical devices, transportation systems, and banking and insurance companies.
- Software Engineers tend to hold technical, decision-making positions, such as Systems Analyst, Software Architect, Quality Analyst, and Project Manager.
- Our graduates are consistently accepted in leading MS and PhD programs abroad.
Q: How do I apply?
For directions on how to apply, please visit the web page for Admission’s.
Q: Can I complete my graduate degree part-time?
The program is full-time only.
Q: Course Load?
Minimum 3 courses and maximum 6 courses.
Q: My Intermediate isn’t in Science background. What kind of background should I have before applying to the program?
To be considered for admission to any of our graduate programs, students usually have a science background, however students from other equivalent background may also apply.
Q: What courses will transfer into Computer Science Department?
Transferring credits from PGC university or College. Yes, as per the evaluation of your case.
Transferring credits from other Institutions . Your transfer work will be evaluated once all of your required documents are received. All transfer students are initially admitted into University as per HEC criteria.
Q: I just appeared in the exam. Am I eligible to apply?
Result awaiting may also apply.
Q: How will I find a job when I’m done?
HR and recruitment office will assist you in internships and job placement.
Q: Can I continue for MS/Mphil (National or Abroad) after completion of BS ?
Yes. Infact many of Mohammad Ali Jinnah University students went abroad for MS leading to PhD.
- + Program Summary
- To provide students with strong substance of theoretical and practical knowledge in software engineering.
- To provide students with expertise in modern software development tools and technologies and induce competent skills of problem solving, analysis, design, modeling, team work, and communication.
- To provide students with awareness and knowledge of Social, Ethical, and Professional values relevant to Software Engineering.
- Students will have in depth knowledge of principles of Software Engineering and Computer Science and should be capable of applying that knowledge.
- Students should be able apply the knowledge of Software Engineering. They would have expertise to use the latest software development methodologies and application of best practices. Will have expertise in evaluating customer needs and act in a professional manner to determine the precise needs.
- Students should be able to develop software applications keeping human and social aspects into consideration
At least 50% marks in Intermediate (HSSC) examination with Mathematics or equivalent qualification with Mathematics certified by IBCC
- Entry test and interview.
- This is a four years degree program comprising of 8 regular semesters.
- There is a Fall semester and a Spring semester each year.
- Summer semester is utilized for internship or deficiency courses only.
- The maximum duration to complete the BS program is 7 years.
- Complete at least 131 credit hours
- Minimum 2.0 of 4.0 CGPA.
Total Credit Hours
Deficiencies Credit Hours
Final year project
- It is mandatory for every student to complete a final year project. The student may register for the project after the 6th semester or after completing 95 credit hours of course work.
All students have to undergo a mandatory 6-8 week internship arranged by the placement office. The internship is normally taken after passing 60 credit hours. The internship is closely monitored by an internship coordinator. Successful completion of internship is a mandatory requirement for graduation
- + Plan Of Study
Semester - I
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS1210 Introduction to Computing 3 - CS1211 Introduction to Computing Lab 1 - CS1410 Computer Programming 3 - CS1411 Computer Programming Lab 1 - SS1100 Freshman English 3 - MT1140 Calculus And Analytical Geometry 3 - SS1400 Islamic Studies 2 - OR - SS1410 Ethics 2 - Total Semester Credit Hours 16
Semester - II
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS1420 Object Oriented Programming 3 CS1410 CS1421 Object Oriented Programming Lab 1 CS1411 NS1240 Applied Physics 3 - SS2120 Oral Communications 3 SS1100 MT2300 Probability and Statistics 3 - CS2620 Discrete Structures 3 - Total Semester Credit Hours 16
Semester - III
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS2510 Data Structure & Algorithms 3 CS1420 CS2511 Data Structure & Algorithms Lab 1 CS1421 CS3110 Software Engineering 3 MG2XX0 MG Elective-I 3 - SS2XX0 Humanities Elective-I 3 - CS4119 Web Engineering 3 Total Semester Credit Hours 16
Semester - IV
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS2230 Database Management Systems 3 CS2510 CS2231 Database Management Systems Lab 1 CS2511 CS2420 Operations Research 3 - CS3XX0 SE Elective-I 3 - MT2210 Linear Algebra 3 - CS2430 Object Oriented Analysis and Design 2 CS1420 CS2431 Object Oriented Analysis and Design Lab 1 CS1421 Total Semester Credit Hours 16
Semester - V
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS3210 Data Communications & Networking 3 - CS3211 Data Communications & Networking Lab 1 - CS3220 Operating Systems 3 CS2510 CS3221 Operating Systems Lab 1 CS2511 CS3130 Software Requirement Engineering 3 CS3110 CS4121 Software Construction and Development 3 CS3110 CS3XX0 SE Elective-II 3 - Total Semester Credit Hours 17
Semester - VI
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS3XX0 SE Elective-III 3 - CS4110 Human Computer Interaction 3 CS3110 CS3140 Software Project Management 3 CS3110 SS3XX0 Humanities Elective-II 3 - SS3130 Technical Report Writing 3 SS1100 CS3120 Software Architecture 2 CS3110 CS3121 Software Architecture Lab 1 CS3110 Total Semester Credit Hours 18
Semester - VII
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS3160 Software Testing 3 CS3110 CS4XX0 SE Elective-IV 3 - CS4123 Formal Methods 3 CS3110 CS4150 Final Year Project-I 3 CS3110 CS4310 Information and Network Security 3 CS3210 Total Semester Credit Hours 15
Semester - VIII
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS4XX0 SE Elective-IV 3 - SS1420 Pakistan Studies 2 - CS4122 Software Re-engineering 3 CS3110 CS4220 Professional Issues in Computing 3 - MG4XX0 MG Elective-II 3 - CS4160 Final Year Project-II 3 CS4150 Total Semester Credit Hours 17
Program Total Credit Hours: 131
Note: Registration in “Final Year Project-I” is allowed provided the student has earned at least 97 credit hours, and his/her CGPA is equal to or greater than the graduating CGPA (2.0).
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite Course Type SS2310 Principles of Sociology 3 - Humanties Elective - I OR SS2300 Principles of Psychology 3 - Humanties Elective - II FN1120 Financial Accounting 3 - MG Elective - I CS4101 Web Development 3 - SE Elective-I / CS4430 Game Programming 3 - SE Elective-II CS4360 Information System Audit 3 - SE Elective-III / CS4701 Data Science with Python 3 - SE Elective-IV / CS4118 Agile Software Project Management 3 - SE Elective-VI MG4340 Organizational Behavior 3 - MG Elective-II