- + Introduction
Personal Traits / Attributes
- If you like problem solving by applying different technique.
- If you’re good in Science and Mathematics and have strong thinking capabilities.
- If you know how to manage time wisely.
- You are organized person and mostly finish one task before starting another.
- Your analytic capabilities are very strong.
- If you’re a creative person and have intellectual abilities.
- Careers like, Game developer, Software Engineer, Programmer, Analyst etc., attract you.
- Highly Educated faculty
- CEO Faculty (Adjunct)
- Class Rooms with state of the art facilities
- Linkage with Industry
- Group Study
- Industrial Tours
- Co-Curricular Activities
- Spacious Computer labs equipped with latest computers
- Case Study and Article Session
- Job Placement and Internships
- Vast number of Alumni
- Indoor Sports Room
Rapid growth in technology-based jobs in all industries has created a need for technologically skilled professionals.
- Database administrator.
- Games developer.
- Computer Network Architect
- Information systems manager.
- IT consultant.
- Multimedia programmer.
- Systems analyst.
- Systems developer.
- Web designer.
- Information Security Analyst
- Business Systems Analyst
- E-Commerce Analyst
- Mobile Application Developer
- Quality Assurance Associate
- Information Technology Auditor
Why BS Computer Science & Software Engineering?
- This program provides a carefully designed computer science core, surrounded by a widespread selection of challenging technological elective courses.
- To bring forth competent Computing Professionals with a strong understanding of computer science bodies of knowledge and theories, who can apply firm principles and methods to the cost-effective conception, development, operation, and maintenance of high-quality software and are prepared for lifelong learning.
- Develop an aptitude to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet preferred needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- Work effectively in teams to design and implement solutions to computational problems and apply sound principles to the synthesis and analysis of computer systems.
- The graduates can also pursue further education in any of the programs like MS Computer Science, MS Software Engineering, MS Project Management, MS Information and Network Security, MS Supply Chain Management, and MBA in any discipline (transition as techno MBA).
Why BS Computer Science & Software Engineering from MAJU?
- The undergraduate program in Computer Science and Software Engineering offers an excellent learning opportunity to students with the help of top-notch research-active faculty.
- Learn from professionally qualified faculty and industry’s professionals.
- Personal effectiveness and development courses to help groom a well rounded personality.
- The undergraduate degree prepares students to do extremely well at solving problems creatively, an essential proficiency that can be useful to a diverse variety of fields.
- Organize students for vocation in industry to pursue advanced graduate studies.
- University foundation courses to broaden knowledge base and improve skills & competencies.
- Rigorous set of core subjects for specializing in Computer Science and Software Engineering.
- A broad set of Electives drawn from the MAJU undergraduate curriculum with minimum requirements for meeting the criteria for majors.
- Internships & job placements specific to the career path.
- Research courses in both Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Intensive use of the technology to equip the graduates with the latest analytical tools & techniques.
- Apply fundamental principles and methods of Computer Science and permit students to demonstrate aptitude in problem-solving techniques using the computer in the analysis of complex problems and the combination of solutions to those problems.
- Students are expected early on to design and evaluate their programs, in order to develop their technical skills as part of a successful development process.
- Graduates will have a solid comprehension of the theory and essential concepts computer science, helping students to adapt to novel developments in the field of computer science.
- Through technical documentation, presentations, reports, and peer reviews, students develop strong communication skills and through teamwork, they develop strong interpersonal skills.
- Hands on experience with various software systems and Programming languages are an integral part of the program.
- Software Engineers potential career opportunities are to develop software for telecommunications, financial systems, aeronautics, medical devices, transportation systems, and banking and insurance companies.
- Software Engineers tend to hold technical, decision-making positions, such as Systems Analyst, Software Architect, Quality Analyst, and Project Manager.
- Our graduates are consistently accepted in leading MS and PhD programs abroad.
Q: How do I apply?
For directions on how to apply, please visit the web page for Admission’s.
Q: Can I complete my graduate degree part-time?
The program is full-time only.
Q: Course Load?
Minimum 3 courses and maximum 6 courses.
Q: My Intermediate isn’t in Science background. What kind of background should I have before applying to the program?
To be considered for admission to any of our graduate programs, students usually have a science background, however students from other equivalent background may also apply.
Q: What courses will transfer into Computer Science Department?
Transferring credits from PGC university or College. Yes, as per the evaluation of your case.
Transferring credits from other Institutions . Your transfer work will be evaluated once all of your required documents are received. All transfer students are initially admitted into University as per HEC criteria.
Q: I just appeared in the exam. Am I eligible to apply?
Result awaiting may also apply.
Q: How will I find a job when I’m done?
HR and recruitment office will assist you in internships and job placement.
Q: Can I continue for MS/Mphil (National or Abroad) after completion of BS ?
Yes. Infact many of Mohammad Ali Jinnah University students went abroad for MS leading to PhD.
- + Program Summary
- To provide students with strong substance of theoretical and practical knowledge in computer science.
- To provide students with expertise in modern tool and technologies and induce competent skills of problem solving, analysis, design, modeling, team work, and communication.
- To provide students with awareness and knowledge of Social, Ethical, and Professional values relevant to Computer Science.
- Students will have solid foundation of Computer Science to take up challenging tasks in theoretical and practical applications of Computer Science.
- Students should be able to develop sophisticated applications requiring expertise in analysis and design of algorithms. They will be able to work in research environment and contribute for the computer science community.
- Students should be able to develop computer science applications keeping human and social aspects into consideration.
- At least 50% marks in Intermediate (HSSC) examination with Mathematics or equivalent qualification with Mathematics certified by IBCC.
- Entry test and interview.
- This is a four years degree program comprising of 8 regular semesters.
- There is a Fall semester and a Spring semester each year.
- Summer semester is utilized for internship or deficiency courses only.
- The maximum duration to complete the BS program is 7 years.
- Complete at least 131 credit hours
- Minimum 2.0 of 4.0 CGPA.
Total Credit Hours
Deficiencies Credit Hours
Final year project
- It is mandatory for every student to complete a final year project. The student may register for the project after the 6th semester or after completing 95 credit hours of course work.
- All students have to undergo a mandatory 6-8 week internship arranged by the placement office. The internship is normally taken after passing 60 credit hours. The internship is closely monitored by an internship coordinator. Successful completion of internship is a mandatory requirement for graduation
- + Plan Of Study
Semester - I
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS1210 Introduction to Computing 3 CS1211 Introduction to Computing Lab 1 CS1410 Computer Programming 3 - CS1411 Computer Programming Lab 1 SS1100 Freshman English 3 - MT1140 Calculus And Analytical Geometry 3 - SS1400 Islamic Studies 2 - OR - SS1410 Ethics 2 - Total Semester Credit Hours 16
Semester - II
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS1420 Object Oriented Programming 3 CS1410 CS1421 Object Oriented Programming Lab 1 CS1411 NS1240 Applied Physics 3 - SS2120 Oral Communications 3 SS1100 MT2300 Probability and Statistics 3 - CS2620 Discrete Structures 3 - Total Semester Credit Hours 16
Semester - III
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS2510 Data Structure And Algorithms 3 CS1420 CS2511 Data Structure and Algorithms Lab 1 CS1421 CS1230 Digital Logic Design 3 NS1240 CS1231 Digital Logic Design Lab 1 NS1240 MT2200 Differential Equations 3 - SS3130 Technical Report Writing 3 SS1100 CS2420 Operations Research 3 - Total Semester Credit Hours 17
Semester - IV
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS2230 Database Management Systems 3 CS2510 CS22301 Database Management Systems Lab 1 CS2511 CS2210 Computer Organization and Assembly Language 3 - CS2211 Computer Organization and Assembly Language Lab 1 - CS2520 Theory of Automata 3 CS2620 MT2210 Linear Algebra 3 - CS2430 Object Oriented Analysis and Design 2 CS1420 CS2431 Object Oriented Analysis and Design Lab 1 CS1421 Total Semester Credit Hours 17
Semester - V
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS3210 Data Communications And Networking 3 - CS3211 Data Communications & Networking Lab 1 - CS3520 Design and Analysis of Algorithms 3 CS2510 CS3220 Operating Systems 3 CS2510 CS3221 Operating Systems Lab 1 CS2511 CS3110 Software Engineering 3 - MG2XX0 MG Elective-I 3 - Total Semester Credit Hours 17
Semester - VI
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS3230 Parallel and Distributed Computing 3 CS3220 CS3310 Artificial Intelligence 3 CS2620 CS3520 CS3311 Artificial Intelligence Lab 1 CS2620 CS3520 CS4110 Human Computer Interaction 3 CS3110 SS3XX0 Humanities Elective-II 3 - CS3510 Compiler Construction 3 CS2520 Total Semester Credit Hours 16
Semester - VII
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS4310 Information & Network Security 3 CS3210 CS3XX0 CS Elective-II 3 - CS4XX0 CS Elective-III 3 - MT3410 Numerical Computing 3 - CS4150 Final Year Project-I 3 CS3110 SS2XX0 Humanities Elective-I 3 - Total Semester Credit Hours 18
Semester - VIII
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS4220 Professional Issues in Computing 3 - CS4160 Final Year Project-II 3 CS4150 MG4XX0 MG Elective-II 3 - CS4XX0 CS Elective-IV 3 - SS1420 Pakistan Studies 2 - Total Semester Credit Hours 14
Program Total Credit Hours: 131
Note: Registration in “Final Year Project-I” is allowed provided the student has earned at least 95 credit hours, and his/her CGPA is equal to or greater than the graduating CGPA (2.0).
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite Course Type SS2310 Principles of Sociology 3 - Humanities Elective-I OR SS2300 Principles of Psychology 3 - Humanities Elective-II FN1120 Financial Accounting 3 - MG Elective-I CS4101 Web Development 3 - CS Elective-II CS4430 Game Programming 3 - CS Elective-III CS4701 Data Science With Python 3 - CS Elective-IV CS4703 Cloud Computing 3 - CS Elective-V MG4340 Organizational Behaviour 3 - MS Elective-II