PhD (Computer Science)
PhD (Electrical Engineering)
PhD (Management Science)
- + Introduction
Personal Traits / Attributes
- If you like problem solving by applying different technique.
- If you’re good in Science and Mathematics and have strong thinking capabilities.
- If you know how to manage time wisely.
- You are organized person and mostly finish one task before starting another.
- Your analytic capabilities are very strong.
- If you’re a creative person and have intellectual abilities.
- Careers like, Game developer, Software Engineer, Programmer, Analyst etc., attract you.
Why PhD Computer Science?
- This program provides a carefully designed computer science core, surrounded by a widespread selection of challenging technological elective courses.
- To bring forth competent Computing Professionals with a strong understanding of computer science bodies of knowledge and theories, who can apply firm principles and methods to the cost-effective conception, development, operation, and maintenance of high-quality software and are prepared for lifelong learning.
- Develop an aptitude to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet preferred needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- Work effectively in teams to design and implement solutions to computational problems and apply sound principles to the synthesis and analysis of computer systems.
The PhD in Computer Science program be the forerunner to the premier degree obtainable by the Faculty. The leading goal of the program is to originate outstanding Computer Scientists who are competent of accomplish high-quality research and who have a sufficiently profound understanding of the subject to be able to make noteworthy contributions to academic institutions and to industry. The program is planned to endow with students an opportunity to attain the maximum potential expertise in their preferred field through intensive research and is planned to ensure that excellent research skills are cultivated in the doctoral students. Our PhD program is distinguished by the excellence of the faculty with a long tradition of pioneering research and serves to produce up-to-date and experienced professionals in various fields of computer science. This workforce would act as a backbone to the centers of higher learning and research in the country.
The Ph.D. in Computer Science is a research degree which culminates in a distinctive dissertation that reveals original and creative research. To prepare scientific/educational manpower with intensity of knowledge and research proficiency of international echelon to fill positions in Research Organizations, Industry, Management, Universities, Health Care and Educational Institutions. To establish centers of research of high quality (both fundamental and applied). To enhance the qualifications and expertise of faculty members and researchers in order to provide exceedingly knowledgeable professionals to different public and private sector universities and organizations. Development of methodical and/or experimental knowledge through a blend of specialized courses and a research thesis under the supervision of an experienced researcher outline the core constituent of the doctoral program. To contribute to the study of the delineation and depiction of information and the theory, design, analysis, implementation, and application of algorithmic processes that transforms information. Students receive advanced training in the scientific principles and technology required to develop and evaluate new computer systems and applications. Enable students to churn out publishable research for journals and conferences of international repute.
- MAJU Test / GAT Subjective
- All the admitted students in PhD programme of the University need to complete the coursework comprises 6 courses (total 18 credit hours) during MS coursework. It will be followed by 30 credits of research thesis.
- Research Thesis (The student can start work on PhD thesis only after)
- Passing the Comprehensive Exam, AND
- Acceptance of synopsis by the Graduate Studies Committee.
- PhD Dissertation
- Minimum duration to complete is 3 years.
- The maximum duration to complete is 6 years.
- + Program Summary
- + Program Structure
- + Plan Of Study
Semester - I
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CS5110 Advanced Research Methods 3 - CSXXXX Course Work II 3 - CSXXXX Course Work III 3 - Total Semester Credit Hours 9
Semester - II
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CSXXXX Course Work - IV 3 - CSXXXX Course Work - V 3 - CSXXXX Course Work - VI 3 - Total Semester Credit Hours 9
Semester - III
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CSXXXX Research Thesis - I 3 - CSXXXX Research Thesis - II 3 - Total Semester Credit Hours 6
Semester - IV
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CSXXXX Research Thesis - III 3 - CSXXXX Research Thesis - IV 3 - Total Semester Credit Hours 6
Semester - V
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CSXXXX Research Thesis - V 3 - CSXXXX Research Thesis - VI 3 - Total Semester Credit Hours 6
Semester - VI
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CSXXXX Research Thesis - VII 3 - CSXXXX Research Thesis - VIII 3 - Total Semester Credit Hours 6
Semester - VII
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite CSXXXX Research Thesis - IX 3 - CSXXXX Research Thesis - X 3 - Total Semester Credit Hours 6
Program Total Credit Hours: 48
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite Course Type CS5140 Agile Software Project Management 3 - CS5650 Bioinformatics 3 - Course Work I CS7640 Date Science for Mathematics 3 - Course Work II CS7630 Business Process Re-Engineering 3 - Course Work III CS6650 Deep Learning 3 - Course Work IV CS7610 Information Extraction 3 - Course Work V CS7720 Wireless Sensor and Mesh Networking 3 - Course Work VI