- + Introduction
With the establishment of new universities all over Pakistan and with the rising standards required for faculty at tertiary level education, the requirement of PhDs is increasing. Recent power crisis in Pakistan has created research opportunities in the area of electrical engineering especially power electronics, solar photovoltaics, and control of such systems. Moreover, current security conditions in Pakistan has increased the role of research in the areas of signal and image processing and computer vision. Our PhD program in electrical engineering is focusing on these two streams directly contributing to the solution of the problems faced by the country. It is therefore expected that our graduates of the PhD program would be in high-demand in the coming years.
The PhD (Electrical Engineering) program at Department of Electrical Engineering will fulfill the vision and mission of the University by enhancing the capabilities of the students by creating and maintaining a research-centered environment enabling them to:
- be leaders in research and academia due to their competency in identifying, formulating and solving advanced research problem.
- exhibit quest for learning and initiative by continuously broadening their abilities and enhancing their technical skills to maintain their relevance with technological change.
Graduates of the program are expected to have an ability to
- Critically apply theories, methodologies, and knowledge to address fundamental questions in their primary area of study.
- Pursue research of significance in the discipline or an interdisciplinary or creative project
- Demonstrate skills in oral and written communication sufficient to publish and present work in their field
- Demonstrate a mastery of skills and knowledge at a level required for college and university undergraduate teaching in their discipline and assessment of student learning.
- Minimum 18 years of education leading to MS/ME or equivalent degree in Electrical/ Electronic/ Computer/ Telecom Engineering (or related disciplines) with a minimum 3.00 of 4.00 (in the Semester System) or First Division (in the Annual System).
- GAT (Subject) test with minimum of 60% marks or GRE (subject) test having 60 or higher percentile.
- PhD admission interview
- A full-time PhD student admitted in the PhD program can complete the program in a minimum of 03 years and a maximum of 05 years from the date of admission.
- Part-time PhD student may take up to seven years to complete the program.
A student admitted to PhD program will have to complete the following degree requirement. The degree requirement may change as per the HEC policy issued from time to time.
- 18 credit hours Course Work with minimum CGPA 3.00/4.00.
- 30 credit hours Research Work
- Comprehensive Examination
- Research Synopsis
- Publication /Acceptance of at least one research paper in ISI impact factor journal.
- Foreign Evaluation
- + Plan Of Study