- + Introduction
The vision of BS Accounting and Finance program is to be recognized nationally as a source of high-quality educational program that produces dynamic leaders in accounting and finance.
The mission of BS Accounting and Finance program is to produce leaders who increase the competitiveness of their organizations through effective analysis and communication of financial information. We will achieve this mission through innovative instruction and relevant practical scholarship in a diverse and inclusive, student-focused environment.
- This program has been designed for students who wish to acquire career-oriented, market-driven education in the field of Accounting and Finance that would lead to rewarding careers.
- This program will provide an opportunity to acquire advanced knowledge and skills in the field of Accounting and Finance
- The program will give students an understanding of the legal and regulatory environment that commercial organizations and accounting professionals must work within. They will be able to identify and evaluate ethical dilemmas and provide logical ways to resolve them. They will learn the concepts and processes needed to protect, validate and attest to the integrity and reliability of financial information.
- The graduates can also pursue further education in any of the programs like MBA, ICMA, Chartered Accountancy, Management Accountancy, Internal Audit, Public Finance, MS Finance, MS Financial Engineering, MS Project Management, and MS International Finance etc.
- The grads of this program will be specialized in the field of accounting and finance which will enable them to opt the field of professional accountancy (like ICMA, ACCA, CIMA etc.) and apply for jobs in the field of accounting and finance. These jobs are highly demanding in manufacturing sector and blue chip companies in Pakistan and around the globe especially in the Middle-East and emerging markets of China.
- The students of the program with strong core knowledge of Accounting and Finance can further continue their professional education to purse career in financial planning and consultancy.
- The students of the program with strong knowledge of Accounting and Finance can work in the different brokerage houses as Research Analysts.
- The students of the program will also be able to serve in various financial institutions especially in SBP, leading Commercial Banks, Investment Banks, Brokerage Houses and Insurance Companies etc.
- + Program Summary
- This is a two-year degree program comprising of 4 semesters. There will be a Fall and a Spring semester in each year. The summer session will be utilized for bridging courses. The maximum duration to complete the degree is 04 years. The maximum courses can be taken are six (that is, 18 credit hours) in any one semester.
- 14 Years Business education or B.COM or Equivalent securing at least 2nd division in annual system.
- MAJU Admission Test
- A student is required to register for the Business Project after the completion of 60 Credit hours.
- All students have to undergo 6-8 weeks internship arranged by the placement office. The internship is normally taken after passing 45 Credit Hours. The internship is closely monitored by an internship coordinator. Successful completion of internship is a mandatory requirement for graduation.
Exemptions in professional bodies via BS (Accounting & Finance)
- BS-AF 4 Years program after 12 Years education is an accredited ACCA program, on Completion of program student will be able to get exemptions in eight papers of ACCA. However, BS-AF 2 Years program after 14 years of education is also mapped with ACCA, after completion students may be able to apply for exemptions.
- Minimum CGPA 2.0
- Business Project 03 Credit Hours
- Completion of all core and elective courses
- + Plan Of Study
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite FN2300 Introduction to Business Finance 3 FN2120 Cost & Management Accounting 3 FN2140 Audit & Assurance 3 MG2200 Principles of Marketing 3 MT2320 Statistical Inference 3 Total Semester Credit Hours 15
Semester - I
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite FN3310 Financial Management 3 FN2300 FN3200 Islamic Banking 3 FN3330 Finance Specialization-I 3 FN2300 FN3150 Financial Reporting 3 FN3400 Accounting Specialization-I 3 Total Semester Credit Hours 15
Semester - II
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite FN3320 Corporate Finance 3 FN2300 XXXXX Finance Specialization-II 3 FN2300 XXXXX Accounting Specialization-II 3 MG4110 Strategic Management 3 FN3160 Advanced Managerial Accounting 3 FN2120 Total Semester Credit Hours 15
Semester - III
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite MG4100 Business Research Methods 3 MT2320 FN4550 Finance Specialization-III 3 FN2300 FN4170 Laws of Taxation 3 XXXXX Accounting Specialization-III 3 XXXXX Accounting Specialization-IV 3 Total Semester Credit Hours 15
Semester - IV
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite XXXXXX Finance Specialization-IV 3 FN2300 XXXXXX Finance Specialization-V 3 FN4340 Financial Modeling 3 XXXXXX Accounting Specialization-V 3 FN4180 Business Project 3 MG4100 Total Semester Credit Hours 15
Total Credit Hours:75