- + Introduction
Our PhD in Management Science program aims to develop rigorous scholars who can advance both academic knowledge and business practices. The program is designed to equip you with the skills necessary to succeed in a knowledge-intensive environment and to open greater depth to your professional and personal life. This program is focused to meet the following objectives:
- An awareness of the complexity of today’s advancement in Management Sciences and an ability to solve complex problems.
- To recognize and apply theoretical and practical concepts in organizational settings.
- To foster original and scholarly research that contributes to the focused fields in Management Sciences. To enable graduates to integrate their professional education and experience with the larger problems in their respective area of research.
- + Program Summary
- 3 – 6 Years
- Successful completion of 18 years education (MBA/MS/M.Phil) in relevant discipline with minimum CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0
- The department can assign the deficiency courses depending on the last field of study (that is, the last terminal academic degree).
- Minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0
- To obtain the PhD (Management Sciences) degree, students have to complete minimum of 48 credit hours. 18 credits are to be earned through course work that includes 4 courses and 2 independent studies (as per the specialization). It will be followed by 30 credit hours of research thesis work.
- Successful public defense of Final PhD thesis.
- Admission Fee: 15,000
- Program Fee: 240,000
- + Plan Of Study
Semester - I
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite MG8100 Research Philosophy 3 - MG8110 Qualitative Tools for Research 3 - MG8120 Seminar in Management 3 - Total Semester Credit Hours 9
Semester - II
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite MG8800 Advanced Multivariate Data Analysis 3 MG8100 MG8110 MG8200 MG8300 MG8400 FN8300 Independent Study-I (Marketing) Independent Study-I (HRM) Independent Study-I (SCM) Independent Study-I (Finance) 3 MG8100 MG8210 MG8310 MG8410 FN8310 Independent Study-II (Marketing) Independent Study-II (HRM) Independent Study-II (SCM) Independent Study-II (Finance) 3 MG8100 Total Semester Credit Hours 9
Semester - III
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite MG9000 PhD Comprehensive Exam 0 MG8100 MG8110 MG8120 MG8800 MG8200/MG8300/MG8400/FN8300* MG8210/MG8310/MG8410/FN8310** MG9010 PhD Thesis Proposal Defense 0 MG8100, MG8110, MG8120, MG8800, MG8200/MG8300/MG8400/FN8300*, MG8210/MG8310/MG8410/FN8310** Total Semester Credit Hours 0
Semester - IV
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite MG9100 Research Thesis-phase I 6 MG9000 MG9010 Total Semester Credit Hours 6
Semester - V
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite MG9100 Research Thesis-phase II 6 MG9000 MG9010 MG9100 Total Semester Credit Hours 6
Semester - VI
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite MG9120 Research Thesis-phase III 6 MG9000 MG9010 MG9100 MG9110 Total Semester Credit Hours 6
Semester - VII
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite MG9130 Research Thesis-phase IV 6 MG9000 MG9010 MG9100 MG9110 MG9120 Total Semester Credit Hours 6
Semester - VIII
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Pre-Requisite MG9140 Research Thesis-Final Defense phase 6 MG9000 MG9010 MG9100 MG9110 MG9120 MG9130 Total Semester Credit Hours 6
Program Total Credit Hours: 48