- + Introduction
The marketing field encompasses activities related to: identifying needs of prospective customers, selecting a target market, designing a product, packaging, pricing, advertising, selling, distributing, and servicing products in both domestic and international markets. It is the driving force in business. Therefore, the degree to which companies are able to do it well and respond to customer needs and wants, largely determines their success. Mohammad Ali Jinnah University’s marketing program integrates theory and application into one. Marketing majors also study general management, finance, organizational behavior, information technology and selected social courses, ensuring that students learn the tenets of marketing in concert with those disciplines.
The department of marketing offers a 4-year 8 semester program, BS Degree in Marketing. The program has been designed for candidates having 12-years education who plan to adopt business as a career and wish to enhance their business and marketing skills. The program is expected to provide opportunities to the students to learn variety of marketing techniques used in the challenging business world. Marketing is an exceptionally broad field encompassing a wide range of business activities and can be applied to almost every occupational field. In the 21st century, every firm needs marketing people to discover, measure and analyze markets; develop and manage products and services; manage storage and distribution; create and manage advertising, promotion and sales; design rational pricing policies; and maintain positive customer relations.
- Program offers excellent employment and advancement opportunities to the students along with entrepreneurial skills that enable students to start and operate their own companies or enter an existing family business.
The Bachelor of Science in Marketing (BS-Marketing) is a four-year (8 semesters) program designed for candidates having 12-years education. Apart from students with commerce and business backgrounds, there is sufficient flexibility in this program to allow students from arts and science backgrounds to get admission in BS – Marketing.
- + Program Summary
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- Analyze business problems by incorporating diverse perspectives and applied aspects of marketing discipline.
- Apply foundation business knowledge and skills to demonstrate business acumen in the areas of marketing, management, economics, finance, and accounting.
- Analyze important terminology, concepts, principles, theories, analytical techniques, and facts used in the field of marketing for effective decision-making.
- Integrate marketing with various functions of business organizations to create, capture, and deliver value.
- Show leadership, employ ethical practice and professional integrity.
- Communicate effectively the marketing alternatives considered, recommended solutions and implementation of strategies in oral, written and electronic form.
- Demonstrate knowledge and 21st century’s skillsets to meet career needs.
- Exhibit and appreciate extra-curricular activities and life-long learning.
- Develop strategic marketing plans in alignment with stated missions, objectives, and goals of the organizations.
- Utilize primary and secondary data to unearth consumer needs and design effective marketing roadmaps.
- Recommend strategies for optimizing business opportunities through the indigenous use of the marketing mix.
- Analyze and solve complex marketing problems through the use of in-depth marketing theories and marketing projects.
- Develop a flair for creative approaches to discover consumer insights and execute marketing strategies within ethical boundaries.
- Employ effective written and oral communication skills appropriate to the professional marketing context.
- Collaborate in cross-functional internal and external environments to ensure the creation, capturing, and delivery of value.
- Inculcate in students the ability to look beyond conventional Ps of marketing.
Profile of Student
The marketing program will be an apt fit if an individual;
- is a critical thinker
- can creatively ideate products and services for the 21st
- has strong communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal)
- likes social media and other forms of new media
- enjoys working with people
- has an extrovert or ambivert personality
- is an observant, analytical, and complex problem solver.
Geo – Professional Outcomes
- Digital brand manager
- Brand manager
- Marketing manager
- Retail manager
- Content marketing specialist
- Copy and creative writer
- Sales Managers
- Social media manager
- Advertising account manager
- Market research analyst
- Product marketing manager
- Entrepreneur/small business owner
- Customer relations specialist
- Public relations specialist
- Communications coordinator
- Marketing strategist
- Brand activation manager
- Event planner specialist
- Marketing coordinator
- Marketing research executive
- Business development executive
Academic qualification of 12 years e.g. intermediate or any other equivalent educational credentials.
- + Plan Of Study
Semester - I
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours MT1500 Business Mathematics 3 SS1100 Freshman English 3 MG1500 Computer Concepts & Applications 3 EC1000 Microeconomics 3 SS1100 Freshman English 3 Contemporary Marketing 3 MG1100 Principles of Management Total Semester Credit Hours 18
Semester - II
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours MT1510 Business Statistics 3 SS1110 English Grammar 3 Financial Accounting 3 MG1510 Management Information System 3 EC1010 Macroeconomics 3 MG2200 Principles of Marketing 3 Total Semester Credit Hours 18
Semester - III
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours SS2400 Islamic Studies/Ethics (SS2410) 3 FN2120 Cost & Management Accounting 3 SS3110 Business Communication 3 SS1200 Foreign Language 3 SS2300 Principles of Psychology 3 MG2210 Marketing Management 3 Total Semester Credit Hours 18
Semester - IV
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours MG3470 Operations Management 3 Public Relations 3 FN2300 Introduction to Business Finance 3 Consumer Behavior 3 SS2420 Pakistan Studies 3 MT2320 Statistical Inference 3 Total Semester Credit Hours 18
Semester - V
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours FN3310 Financial Management 3 MG4700 Entrepreneurship 3 International Business 3 Sales Management 3 Brand Management 3 Business & Corporate Laws 3 Total Semester Credit Hours 18
Semester - VI
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours MG3300 Human Resource Management 3 Specialization I 3 Advertising 3 MG4110 Strategic Management 3 Environmental Sciences / CSR 3 Total Semester Credit Hours 15
Semester - VII
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours SS2150 Interpersonal Communication Skills 3 MG4100 Business Research Methods 3 Customer Relationship Management 3 Specialization II 3 SS2120 Oral Communication 3 Total Semester Credit Hours 15
Semester - VIII
Course Code Course Title Credit Hours Strategic Negotiations 3 Specialization III 3 Specialization IV 3 Specialization V 3 MG4120 Business Project 3 Total Semester Credit Hours 15