May 29, 2017
HEC is conducting a National Consultative Conference on “Focusing on Intellectual Capital – Way Forward to Economic Prosperity” on May 29, 2017, at Jinnah Convention Centre, Islamabad.
Focus Areas of The Vision 2025
There are 8 key areas of focus here:
- To Strengthen and Consolidate National Higher Education Commission with the aim of regulating and reforming standards for tertiary education thus creating a knowledge economy to bring Pakistan up to upper middle income status
- Increasing Equitable Access to increase diversity in education particularly by gender and region
- Excellence in Leadership, Governance and Management. Good leaders, governance and management can ensure proper planning and implementation of education reforms.
- Increasing Faculty with Highest Academic Qualifications. This means getting more PhD level lecturers and professors
- Enhancing Quality of Curricular Offerings. Current degree programs will be improved or overhauled to increase quality of education at different grades of study.
- Research, Innovation and Commercialization. More tier 1 universities will be created with well-staffed and qualified research, innovation and commercialization offices
- Financial Management and Enhanced Investment.
- I.T. Embedded Higher Education. The aim is to improve productivity, efficiency, research output and cost effectiveness through state of the art IT technologies.