Mohammad Ail Jinnah University (MAJU) is one of the most prestigious universities in Pakistan, which promotes research and knowledge in the field of Management Sciences, Computer, and Engineering. It provides a self-motivated and dynamic research culture to scholars to ensure the economic growth of Pakistan. Moreover, it purposes to enhance the capacity of their departments of higher education by promoting cutting edge research.
MAJU’s Ph.D. in Management Sciences aims to enhance the skills of scholars who can be improved in both academic and business practices. This program guides innovation and originality of thoughts in the research and education process based on management and related fields. The Ph.D. program expects not only our graduates to display excellence in their field of research but provide expertise to the building of our nation in all areas of management. To achieve this objective, it is expected from scholars to attain excellent results. Furthermore, the secondary aim of the Ph.D. in Management Sciences program is to develop knowledge-based, and skill-based professionals, they excel in different areas of the profession, including industry, commerce, and public series, etc.
One of the acute crises in Pakistan is that policymakers have insignificant knowledge of the real-world problem, and based on this trivial information, they suggest an ineffective policy. Therefore, the tertiary objective of the Ph.D. in Management Sciences is to train and develop graduates who suggest data-driven strategies. Last but not least, MAJU has recognized that many of the individuals, including students and faculty members, want to improve their job opportunities, change career direction, or seek a fresh intellectual stimulus. Therefore, the Department of Management Sciences has taken this responsibility to help those who are enthusiastic and passionate about their future development and growth.
- Successful completion of 18 years education (MBA/MS/M.Phil) in relevant discipline with minimum CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0
- The department can assign the deficiency courses depending on the last field of study (that is, the last terminal academic degree).
- Admission Test
A PhD candidate shall be awarded degree on successful completion of the following requirements with chronological order:
- 18 Cr. Hrs. Course Work with minimum CGPA 3.00/4.00.
- Comprehensive Examination (written and oral)
- Synopsis Defence
- 24 Cr. Hrs. Research Work
- Publication of at least one research paper from PhD work in a HEC recognized journal having an impact factor as per latest Journal Citation Report published by Clarivate Analytics
- Evaluation of thesis by at least two Foreign Experts from a technologically / academically advanced country
- Final Defense
PhD scholars are required to comply with the following timeline:
|Activity||Preferred Time||Maximum Time|
|Course Work||2 Semesters||4 Semesters|
|Comprehensive Exam||3 Semesters||6 Semesters|
|Synopsis Defense||4 Semesters||7 Semesters|
|Thesis Submission||7 Semesters||14 Semesters|