ORIC (Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization) was established at Mohammad Ali Jinnah University Karachi on February 06, 2016. It is aimed to provide strategic and operational support to the university in research under one umbrella. The growth of economies around the world has been driven largely by the pursuit of scientific understanding, the application of business solutions and continual technological innovation; hence, ORIC is responsible to facilitate and support the research and innovations at Mohammad Ali Jinnah University. ORIC, a vital organ at Mohammad Ali Jinnah University Karachi, plays a pivotal role in the process of research, innovation, and commercialization. ORIC connects university with industry in order to get quality research output. ORIC ensures effective research in accordance with international standards. ORIC strives to find the best solutions to the problems faced by industry in specific and country in general.
- Providing leadership in economical and industrial development through research and innovation.
- Promoting and supporting research as well as knowledge-based economy that helps to achieve economical and industrial competitiveness in the country.
- To link the university’s research community with the needs and priorities of corporate sector
- To manage and enhance the research activities in the university
- To develop research policies and priorities
- To develop program and activities that will increase funding for research
- To develop opportunities for applied research
- To provide information to faculty about various available research grants
- To link faculty with relevant industry
- To evaluate markets for commercialization of Inventions
- To organize conferences