Social Media Policy
All students of Mohammad Ali Jinnah University are required to abide by the following rules/ guidelines for the use of social media on the internet:
- Students are not allowed to create any page or ID that resembles with any of the Mohammad Ali Jinnah University official page(s) and/or site and/or ID.
- Students are not allowed to create, represent or join any political or religious group being identified as the student of Mohammad Ali Jinnah University.
- Students are not allowed to discuss or post comments about any staff or faculty member of Mohammad Ali Jinnah University and their family members on any social media site.
- Students must seek official approval from the management before putting any official information on their site/Page(s). However, approval is not needed if the information has been taken from university official website.
- Posting or displaying of any content such as images or text that in any way defame the university, its faculty, staff or other students is strictly prohibited. All postings are just like speaking at a public forum hence the dignity of Mohammad Ali Jinnah University must not be compromised.
- Policy matters of the university must not be talked about on any social media site.
- Students are not allowed to share any official information of the university on social media such as addresses, phone numbers or other personal information of faculty, staff or students without the consent of the individual.
- Students are not allowed to use social media being Mohammad Ali Jinnah representative (s) for fund raising (requesting/collecting funds) within / outside the University for any Natural Calamity until and unless they are permitted by the management.
- Safeguarding passwords and IDs are students’ personal responsibility and shall not be considered as an alibi in case of violation of social media policy.
- Any other act/deed/discussion on social media which may bring defamation to Mohammad Ali Jinnah University.
Failure to follow the above guidelines would be considered as violation of University Policies and disciplinary action shall be taken that may lead to cancellation of admission from the University.